Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Journey through Tooting!

Hi and a belated New Year everyone.
The first image was unfortunately taken through a car window when moving! I just caught a glimpse of this grafitti on a pair of wooden gates, but the lights had turned green and off we shot!

Even though it is past New Year's Day, the Christmas Decorations are still up on most High Streets. These are some of the ones we saw while driving through Tooting.


 Isn't this light and street signpost  amazingly ornate?
 Again this image was taken through the windscreen, while moving, so it is not very clear. I just love the juxtaposition of the tower block with the row of 2 story houses.
The Mosque was just coming out when we were going through Tooting. Lots of smiling men and a few women and children.
 This is a Gasometer and it is empty, lots of people must be cooking their dinner! I have always been fascinated by these structures but l still don't really understand how they work, just love their shape.
We were in a traffic jam when l noticed this grafitti boarding. Isn't it fun? This design would really cheer me up if l was having to wait for a bus.


 A very dirty, in more ways than one, Sainsbury's delivery van, in the queue beside us.
 Just couldn't resist taking an image of this guy's shoes in Sainsbury's checkout queue...all sparkly on New Years Eve!

2 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Have I already said Happy New Year Lynd? This post makes me feel all sparkly and ready for the year, so I'll say it again. Who couldn't love the name "Tooting."! I remember Sainsbury's -- we shopped there. Can I come back? ;>)

lynda Howells said...

yes any time..have spare roomxxlynda