Monday, January 30, 2012

Eco-dyeing paper.

Today, l am creating some more eco-dyed paper for book making. I have used heavy watercolour paper and some Eucayptus leaves from a new tree l have found .   I have used some old broken wooden rulers to keep the papers flat when in the dye.
The first image is of the bundle in the main cooking pot.

Second view is a close up of the wooden rulers and the bundle! Really excited to see how this 2nd "book bundle" will turn out. I have boiled the dye for 1 hour and have now covered and leave it over night to cool down.
The last image is the first attempt l did to create eco-dyed paper. l am now sewing it and decorating it.

6 comments:

Annette said...

Fantastic looking bundle, love the old ruler.. am keen to see the results, as I'm sure you are too!!
hugs

iNd!@nA said...

wondering if the markings on the rulers will print. some of the old ones we had in the sixties [the unvarnished school ones] used to leave reverse numbers on damp paper!

ArtPropelled said...

I love the way this has turned out Lynda..... though I wanted to rescue those old rulers :-)

Reading your last post, I have to admit defeat where green tea is concerned. I've tried to like it but whichever way i drink it, it's still yukky.

lynda Howells said...

Thanks for your comments. Hope rulers leave marks..just have to keep fingers crossed and hope! I have discovered that there are many "flavours" of green tea and some of them are VERY fragrant! yuck!!!I will have find out the brand l like and try and keep having that one!Ha

Dee / Cloth Company said...

ooh, I love the look of this!

Ginny Huber said...

I am waiting to see if the rulers leave marks..and hope along with you that they do!