Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My mum and others, my Art and Nature

 Did anyone listen to Woman"s Hour this morning? It had a section on it about woman who no longer talk to their mothers. For example this was one ladies story.  Her grandfather sexually abused her from l think, aged  5 to 7. Then she plucked up the courage to tell her mum and her mother took NO action.  Another lady was told, like me, that she never wanted her daughter and how she had ruined her life. It was hard to listen to these women talking but it made me feel better, that they understood why l did't love my mother. They too have people who take a sharp in breathe when you say " I do not love my mother". One of the woman even said that she wouldn't go to her mother's funeral, l felt so close to her. At last l think l can put all this behind me and get on with my life.
Having fun ... colouring a mug was given last Christmas. Thanks sam and family. But l will tell you something. L thought it would be easy to colour but it took a lot of concentration to do it justice! :)




I am doing something Womankind Magazine suggested ... 2 mins each day to do something l have really wanted to do. So l have decided to try and draw each day. Here is my first 2 min drawing. It is an idea l have for drawing my Guardian Angel.


The second day was me just having fun doodling!


3rd day is me spending time "really" looking at a Sunflower. I had never realised how much there was to a Sunflower ... quite complicated and intricate. It took a little longer than 2 mins! :)


From this Sunflower, in a vase in my studio.

 

Then for the next challenge l drew this image. I was in a coffee shop and sitting opposite me, was this lady. Stunningly strange!


Then today l decided to do a water colour image, while l had a coffee. It was a lot of fun and l learnt a lot. My watercolour experiments are coming on well. There is a lot more to do to this image yet before it can be classed as finished.


I find Fungi fascinating. Here are some of the ones l have found recently.







This is one of my favourite finds.




Never seen these before and nearly missed them, as they are so small.


I know loads of people, especially gardeners, hate slugs ... BUT l am fascinated by them. Just look at that delicate fringe, at the base of the creature.



And to end on a smile . Can you see the dog in this damp patch? 




1 comment:

liniecat said...

We don't look around enough do we, so much of interest there if we open our eyes and mind!
We don't HAVE to like relatives, it's not written down anywhere far as I know!
:)