Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Putney Station and an Art Gallery!

Today was the first time l have been to Putney Railway Station, since they changed the way we access Patform 2 and the other platforms. Wonder when it will all be finished ?





Love peeling paint and paper!


I was in Angel today, to visit my daughter and look what l saw! That is quite an axe!




Another person killed on our roads ... on a bike l think. So sad.


Look at all this being thrown out from an Art Gallery. It is all the pieces that come out of frames beeing cut and a few actual frames. When l asked the Gallery if l could take them from there rubbish bags which were outside their shop, here is the conversation.
Me ... "Can l take these pieces of card from your rubbish bag"?
Her ..." But it is rubbish. Why would you want it, it's rubbish"?
Me ... " I run a small studio for children and adults and l would love your rubbish."
Her ... " But it's rubbish as l said but l suppose you can have it".
Me........VERY HAPPY.
I just do not understand why they don't sell them ... give them to a school or studio ... just don't throw them away!  End of rant!


I also visited two Art shops today, so l am a very happy bunny.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I was always amazed when my son went to college the amount of waste they produced. We used to collect perfectly serviceable foam board and mount board among other items from their skip.

Cath Stonard said...

I've still got a lovely quirky pottery vase that a students had thrown out as rubbish when I was at art college. We also have a centre in this borough where schools can collect all sorts of stuff thrown out by businesses etc., for use in all sorts of ways. It's so popular there's a limit on how much you can take at any one time!! Brilliant.

Carole Reid said...

Rant on, I'm surprised by how often businesses toss things that would be greatly appreciated by public children's programs! I'm so glad you could use it!!!


Lynda Howells said...

thanks for listening to me guys. We may not know each other but it is lovely knowing you are all out there! xx:)