Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Art and my Art. Just having fun.

Yeh .... l am off to Australia next week, to help look after my grandson Felix. This time for 3 months and l will be there for his 2nd birthday. So excited!
  

In my newspaper today, was an article about children playing with their food. Oxford academic, Professor Charles Spence, says we should let children play with their food. The food psychologist says, letting children make patterns with their food, develops healthy eating habits, from a young age. The research suggests that letting children touch and smelling vegetables and fruit, increases the chance they will like these foods. The Professor's research was conducted with Innocent smoothies, which funnily enough, was one of the companies, my daughter-in-law used to work for in UK. The other thing they found was playing music often enhances the fun of eating. Apparently playing high pitched wind chimes, suppress and enhance the taste for children! :)! Who knew!! Funnily enough l have alway tried to get my son to let my grandson play with his food ... think l successed! :)


I came across this saying the other day by Louise Bourgeois: "You learn for yourself not for others, not to show off, not to put the other one down/learning is your secret, it is all you have, it is the only thing you can call your own, nobody can take it away...." 
Just love her Art and she was an amazing woman.



I am continuing to do the "2 mins a day" Art/drawing project, l started a week or so ago. The first image is one that took 3 x 2mins , to complete! :)First of all l decided to put circles of watercolour on my page, then let themt drip. Once dry, l then worked out what it looked like and hey presto ..... this image. It is the first l have done any thing like this. I cannot believe l never done this with water colours before. I had great fun and am quite pleased with the results. This 2 min project has enabled me to play again and experiment ... wish l had done it sooner.


When the breaks come on the TV, l doodle. This is one of them and on the way to visit my Aunt today, l coloured it in. So relaxing.  l will show you results tomorrow, when l down load my phone camera.


I find that when l am waiting to see my doctor or at a hospital appointment .... l doodle. calms me down and stops me working too much.


Oscar aged 4 ( on Saturday!) asked me the other day to draw some animals and fish for him. While were at a cafe, l drew a duck for him .
Then when we got home .... l drew a fish! :) He has now decided he wants me to send images to colour, when l am in Australia. Bless him.


Another of my 2 min drawings. it is amazing what you can achieve in that time.


This is the gorgeous grandson, l will be visiting in a week or so time. SO excited!