Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Art, Skeletons,Skies, Lines and Nature.

After my sister-in-law's funeral the other week, we went to a local restaurant for the Wake. Imagine my surprise/ thoughts when this was the first thing l saw, when l entered the place! l was not sure if l should laugh, be sad or just angry!


I have been playing with Watercolours lately. Believe me it is not as easy as l had thought. I will not show you any examples yet, as l am not pleased with them. But l promise l will show you them soon, when l have relaxed about them, a bit more! :) I am fascinated by quite a few things but just lately it has been "skies". Here are a few images that l have taken over the last few weeks, to help me with my paintings.







For years l have loved "Lines". Why l have no idea but l have been fascinated by them since l was about 6 years old. :) When you start looking they are every where. Here are just a few images that l have in my research file.







Here are my Nature images for today. They were taken with the help of Oscar, who is 4 years old. He had so much fun, finding them for me. I always see them first but he gets so excited when he thinks he has found something interesting... before me! :)



Now for some Art  l have been creating. I have been playing a lot lately with my Gelli plates. l find the more l play, the better the final pieces are because l stop producing "mud" images! I will use some for my Collages and the rest for the start of a painting. Also l am learning how to layer my stencils and mix my paints. I am having SO much fun. Please find time each day to play ... your life will be so much happier, if you do .







This piece is a canvas that i used to test my paints on and wipe my brushes on. :)


ENJOY !

No comments: