Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Monday meeting my very best friend for lunch.

On Monday, Tony and l had lunch with a very good friend of mine, visiting from Singapore. It was really great to see her, not for long enough woman, l really miss her. I have known Tannekefor over 17 years, one of the oldest friends.
We met in a veg place in Soho..not somewhere we will go again but hey..we talked so much, who notices the food!!..... and the cocktails were great!
The image below did make me smile, it is not very often you see a basket of charcoal, being used as a door stop in London or anywhere else l would suspect!
Just opposite one of my favorite shops in London..London Graphics Art Shop, is this building. I have no idea if it is a house or an office but l love its window designs! I have posted a few images of parts of the windows below..gorgeous.


The wall below, is one of the main walls of the same Art shop...it is a piece of Art created by an artist called Grant Dejonce and is called "Lost" (ArtRepublicc.StreetSmart ). I think this is an amazing piece of work.
The image below, is from one of the windows from a shop called Stanford. It is a world famous shop, known for selling maps, many an atlas, star maps, support books, equipment(GPS for example) for adventurous and not so adventurous travellers! Tony and my son Andrew, could spend hours in there!

The wonderfully coloured bikes below, are outside an Indian restaurant called Bombay Cafe. I am not sure but l think they may lend them out to customers.
 
The colours are just so fantastic, don't you think?

My goodness, the Shaftesbury really has brighten its act up, hasn't it? Very cheerful and not easily missed!
This lady caught my eye from quite a distence, from the upper deck of my bus! Good for her.
I just love this girl's wonderful, blue Doc Martins. I would feel good every morning, if l woke up to these blue boots. One of my favorite colours!
The last image, is one l would like to talk a bit more about. Many countries have banned Muslim women from covering up their faces. I have no objection at all and am proud we live in such a free, cosmopolitan enviroment BUT do l have a point l would like to talk about.  People wearing helmets with the visor down are not allowed into building, banks and so, because we can't see their faces and it is often for security reasons. So therefore, it is not being racist to ask a woman, to remove her veil once inside the Bank or other building. We read people by their facial expressions etc and often without those clues, communication can become very hard. OK, if this was our norm, as in Saudi, it wouldn't be a problem but this is NOT a muslim country and so therefore..please try and follow our rules. When l lived and worked in the Middle East, we worked and were governed by their rules, it should be the same here. I am NOT a racist, far from it but l do feel sometimes, in this country, we do lean over backwards to help people and often it is thrown back in our faces or is stretched too far! End of soapbox momentxx
Night folksx 

No comments: