Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Sunday, December 27, 2009

A walk of 4 miles on 27th December 2009..(since writing this, Tony has told me we actually walked 7 miles!!!!!!)




Today Tony and l went for a 4 mile walk today from home, throught Putney heath, across Wimbledon Common and then through Richmond Park. I was quite tired at the end of it! I am very grateful everyday to a man called Francis Johnson who operated on my spine and so l am now able to walk like this. In the middle of Putney Heath we came across this amazing Christmas Tree. It was decorated beautifully with baubles and tinsel. I wonder who did it and why? It certainly made us smile! ( Please note, my new coat, a gift from my huband for our 37th wedding anniversary.....and my wonderful yellow flower wellington boots!)

I was so happy today because during our walk from Putney Heath, to Wimbledon Common and onto Richmond Park, we uncovered a lot of different fungi. I have put some of the images below.



I nearly missed seeing these fungi but l stopped to take a stone from my boot and ...there they were! Like little jewels in the woods.

These fungi always remind me of fairytales and magical places. They are so small and delicate and so easy to miss when walking in the woods. The image below is so fragile and such a pretty shade of pink/orange.


Then l was very lucky because l stumbled on a puff ball ..never seen one before. I was very happy even though it is quite an old one!


Then l found this very tiny fungi as l was looking for another fungi. It is sooooo small, you can measure it by looking at the leaves that are around it!




This fungi reminds me of leather....such a vivid colour, l suppose you could call it toffee?!
On Putney heath there is a large pond that always has swans and ducks on it.
Today the pond was still fhalf frozen. The pair of swans were still there (have been around for at least the last 10 years) and with them were three cygnets.





 And here are the babies..all three of them I think they look cute with all their brown fluffy feathers.


One of the tree round this pond l call "The Shrine" Tree. It is amazing and one of these days l want to an art piece in it and around it. It just calls out for it to be made into a "Shrine" tree!


After leaving the pond area we saw some dogs playing with each other and their owner and his daughter. The dogs were like whirling devishes and it was almost impossible to catch their image! Ha. They were having a great time. Then one of the dogs picks up a huge stick and then they both start playing with it.As they ran pass me they both had it in their mouths! Talk about working together!Ha! The following image is not brillant but l think you will see what they were doing and the speed they were going!


As we walked towards Robin Hood gate we saw this beautiful silhouette.

To get to the entrance of the park, we had to the A3 and there is now a brand new crossing. Would ypou believe one for the horses to get across to their stables and one for people and bikes. It seems so silly to make two seperate crossing next to each other!


Once in the park, we decided to walk along the river, as we had not taken this route before. it was very beautiful especially as it was becoming dusk


The willow by the river are cut back every year and each year they grow again like this. Fasinating and also oit is so cheerful to have these colours in the depth of winter. As got to leave the park, l looked and saw the moon was out. As my Nikon is still being repaired, l am still using a point and shoot camera. So, l was not expecting this next image to come out as it was too far away. I got a surprise when l uploaded it!

Then on the last part of our journey, going through Alton Estate to get to Putney Heath and home, we came upon a sight that made me smile. I would never do this to my own home but if someone does it to their's, that's their buisness. I know it gives a lot of pleasure to many people at this time of year. When you look at this house, you will see there is not a bit of space in their front garden to squeeze in another decoration. And on this note l will say, " I hope you had a very Happy Christmas and you will have a Merry New Year".




xlyndax

No comments: