Http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.co.uk

Monday, January 23, 2012

Dyeing and the man in the moon!



This is the piece of silk that l stitched without using a ring. The main reason being l didn't have a small enough embroidery ring. I have now got one, as l found the silk was really difficult to sew as it would pucker and l felt it didn't sit correctly. I now back silk with cotton when l sew it, as l find it easier to handle.
This is another one of my "patches" which I really am enjoying making from my many scraps .
This is the latest patch. I am now putting adhesive patches on the back of some them, so those that don't want or can't sew don't have to! I am also designing the labels for these packages at the moment..not easy  ..... all for £12!

The other week l put up an image of a small bag l had just finished sewing, so l thought you might like to see all of it now. l just have to find something for the strap. 
This is the front.

 The back.
.
 Front and back.
 Lined insided with Eucalyptus dyed silk.
As we were walking past this shop in Putney today..Tony started to laugh and pointed out this chest of drawers. 
I have taken a closer image of it and it really does look as if it a smily chest of drawers doesn't it? Ha. So much fun for a child's room but an adult?um........or am l just being boring?Hax
The man in the moon says "Goodnight"

4 comments:

artymess said...

I LOVE that chest of drawers i want it !! ....does that mean Im still a child at heart ??....great patches ..xx

Mary said...

Great stitching as always,and I like the duck egg blue unit next to the smiles.

lynda Howells said...

Yes My artymess friend..but that's what l love about youxxx
Mary l love the duck blue unit too.xx

Terriea Kwong said...

I love your stitched pouches. The way you done it is so pretty. Your work indeed impressive and inspired me a lot. Loving it.